We passionate about using the countryside, hills and mountains in a sustainable way.
Our ethos is to…
- Always give something back to the local area
- Stay, eat and drink locally
- Work closely with local businesses
- Promote public transport
- Tread carefully and lightly
- Inform, educate and inspire
- Reduce our carbon footprint as much as possible
- Plan our courses and walks so that we reduce down travel time as much as possible throughout the year; plan walks in similar locations on consecutive days to reduce travel
- locations with good public transport links as much as possible
- Promote public transport in all correspondence
- Promote car sharing for groups and corporate bookings
- Offer a pick up and drop off service to the nearest railway station
Choose locations that do not require the use of a car once the group has arrived.
- Plan our courses and walks so that we always use villages with a good variety of accommodation and public transport links
- Use local pubs and cafes to base our walks from
- Promote accommodation options for all of our courses, to encourage people to stay overnight
- Tread lightly and carefully as the moors and mountains are fragile landscapes that support rare wildlife.
- Keep to paths to avoid expanding erosion to the side of the paths
Pick up ALL litter that we see. Carry EVERYTHING out with us that we brought in
- Carry out all biodegradable waste, including apple cores and banana skins
- Take people to quieter areas and onto Access Land to reduce our impact on busier routes.
- Use a variety of venues and locations to avoid over use
- Educate, discuss and inform people about our environmental impact, natural environment and rare habitats.
- Educate, discuss and inform people about how we can all reduce our impact on the environment.
- Keep group sizes to within reasonable ratios to reduce our impact with regards to noise, erosion and detrimental effects to the environment.
Kit, Clothing and Equipment
- Maintain and repair our outdoor clothing and kit to make it last longer
- Recycle as much as possible
- Educate our clients about using re-usable plastic water bottles, rather than single-use water bottles
Leave only footprints, take only photographs, steal only time